Friday, July 9, 2010

Lake Geneva, Switzerland





Well, here I am in Geneva, Switzerland anxious over the first “warm-up” ride tomorrow. A warm-up in the Alps is a mere 4600 feet of climbing. This should test out my ankle and the rest of my body. I am feeling pretty good although later in the trip we have the monster the Tourmalet which will appropriately decide this year’s Tour de France winner. Hopefully, I can sleep tonight. I took a little walk to Lake Geneva. It is about 120 miles around the Lake so I didn’t go the entire way. It was difficult enough just to blog as the language on my computer defaulted to German the official Swiss language or one of 3. Here they speak French.

A few surprises here. If I was just parachuted in, I’m not sure I would know I am in Switzerland. We are in the French part of Switzerland, although with 4 Arabic TV channels I’m not sure. They are either taking over Switzerland or hiding their money here. Burgers are $13 dollars. I was able to find a Starbucks without the help of an I phone app. Here in Geneva, everyone either bikes or smokes. Not sure of the crossover on the Venn diagram. As for me when it comes to food I’m a little adventurous and usually order something that I have no idea of. I've already met a new friend who is here with his family. All us testosterone junkies worry a bit. The first decision is to do the long warmup ride or the short one. I've already talked myself into the long ride. This morning I was already researching the rides and checking out the profiles. And remember as Billy Crystal said....."It is much better to look good than to feel good".


I noticed a shell game going on in the park and watched an idiotic tourist drop 300 francs. It was easy for me to pick out the accomplice and sure enough when I went back today he was there posing as a spectator. My mother always said a fool and his money are soon parted...... Hope she wasn't referring to this trip.

Hope all is well with all of my friends. Drop me an emal……

Tailwinds…

Ty Eggemeyer

No comments:

Post a Comment