Sunday, May 9, 2010

LA to Riverside-80 miles















Today the weather was a little cool and made the ride a lot easier than it could have been. The group is very strong overall. I rode with 4 other riders and we probably started out a little quickly, but made good time, leaving Manhattan Beach at 8 a.m. and arriving at the hotel at 1:30. That allowed for good recovery time (read Taco Bell), but somehow in the excitement, I forgot the stop for chocolate milk.
Getting out of LA isn't a lot of fun, with about 100 stop lights, but everyone made it out safely. Tomorrow we have some nice climbs and are on out way to Indio, just outside Palm Springs.

I met a lot of new friends and this will be a great trip. My legs felt very strong and my back did not give me a lot of trouble today thankfully. Taking care of your health is number one on these long rides.

It is getting late and time to turn in.

Signing off.....this is the nightly news

No comments:

Post a Comment